Short instructions for compiling current FreeCAD svn version on ubuntu
Be aware that the svn version is the version we are working on, so it might contain bugs or even fail to compile.
- In case of problem, the complete and detailed instructions are here
- Install the following packages: build-essential, python, libcoin60-dev, libsoqt4-dev, libxerces-c2-dev, libboost-dev, libboost-date-time-dev, libboost-filesystem-dev, libboost-graph-dev, libboost-iostreams-dev, libboost-program-options-dev, libboost-serialization-dev, libboost-signals-dev, libboost-regex-dev, libgts-dev, libqt4-dev, qt4-dev-tools, python2.5-dev, libcv-dev, libhighgui-dev, python-opencv, libopencascade-dev, python-qt4, libode1-dev, subversion, cmake
- Install the pivy package manually from here, because it is still not in ubuntu repository
- Get the FreeCAD source, by pasting the following line in a terminal: svn co https://free-cad.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/free-cad/trunk freecad
- After downloading, in the same terminal, issue "cd freecad" to go to the freecad directory
- Issue "cmake ." to create the compilation files
- Issue "make" to compile FreeCAD
- After compiling, issue "./bin/FreeCAD" to run FreeCAD. You can also create a shortcut to your freecad/bin/FreeCAD file.
- All FreeCAD is contained in its source directory, so to uninstall, simply remove that directory.